Monday, January 10, 2011

Lebanese Gut Rot

There is a place in downtown Montreal, right under the Simons, called Torino Chicken. They make awesome chicken, sorta Lebanese-style, with hummus and garlic sauce and everything. Pretty cheap, too - for like 9$ you get more chicken than humanly plausible.


FUCKING YES!

There is one drawback, however. The stuff is delicious but will give you the shits on a biblical scale! It's a good thing I live close, so I don't get to use the public crappers. I've decided that the temporary, debilitating intestinal illness is due to either/or/all of the following:

  • Garlic sauce: The stuff is so potent that it makes my body revolt in repeating, agonizing, rectum-contracting spasms for at least 25 minutes.
  • Flash salmonella: Not as vile as regular salmonella, flash salmonella acts quickly and viciously, rendering me into a useless heap of convulsing flesh.
  • Food poisoning: Eating downtown is like buying an air conditioner at 40 degree weather: the supplies are short and the demand is through the roof. Therefore, restaurants will sometimes use old batches of slightly-rancid foods. We are but a herd of sheep and shove the stuff in our faces nonetheless, and suffer the consequences.
  • Over-excitement: The stuff is so delicious, I just eat too fast, causing my stomach to rebel.
  • Mediterranean marinating spices: Our genetically inferior, frail north-american bodies are no match for the strong European, North-African and Middle-Eastern men and women who ingest, on a daily basis, the gastronomical equivalent of enriched plutonium.
  • Too fat: I can't take it; my liver just says "fuck you" and forces everything out the other end.
Don't get me wrong here - although going to Torino's means a 36.5% chance (I've just compiled the stats) of total intestinal revolt, it is TOTALLY WORTH IT.

3 comments:

  1. Solar is one of the most levelheaded ways we can all take benefit of green power air conditioner Montréal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great post on your blog, it really gives me an insight on this topic.
    buy super nikai split air conditioners in dubai

    ReplyDelete